Tote Tanks for Georgia
For more than 40 years, Orlando Drum has provided tote tanks for Georgia. Otherwise known as Intermediate Bulk Containers (or IBCs), tote tanks are robust, reusable containers designed to store and transport bulk liquids, solids, and semi-solids. They are ideal for situations where safety, hygiene, and efficiency are paramount.
They are preferable when the transportation and storage process requires containers that can withstand rough handling and environmental conditions. Their design also allows for efficient movement and stacking during transportation.
Why Choose Tote Tanks Over Other Container Options?
Industries and other businesses typically use IBCs because they offer several advantages over other containers (such as steel drums) depending on the specific requirements of storage or transport. Here are some of the benefits that a tote tank brings to the table:
- Capacity and Efficiency: tote tanks can hold larger quantities than standard drums. One tote tank can store the equivalent of several drums, leading to reduced handling costs and more efficient storage.
- Easy Transportation: Tote tanks are designed with integrated pallet bases, making them easy to move with forklifts or pallet jacks. This design can reduce loading and unloading times.
- Reusability and Cleanability: Tote tanks can be easily cleaned and reused multiple times, meaning greater cost-effectiveness and environmental-friendliness.
- Bulk Liquid Handling: The design of IBCs, complete with spouts and valves, makes them ideal for managing bulk liquids. This is especially beneficial in situations where precise amounts of liquids are required.
- Versatility: IBCs can hold a number of different materials, ranging from solids, to semi-solids, to liquids. This versatility makes them a valuable asset for numerous industries.
What Industries Use IBC Totes?
Intermediate Bulk Containers are used across various industries to perform crucial tasks. Some of the industries served by tote tanks include:
- Chemical Manufacturing: For the storage and transportation of various chemicals.
- Oil: Used for the transportation of lubricants and other petroleum products.
- Food and Beverage: Useful for transporting liquid foods like juices and syrups.
- Pharmaceuticals: Given their sterility, they are apt for pharmaceutical goods.
- Agriculture: Suitable for transporting fertilizers and animal feeds.
- Waste Management: Helps in the secure transport of hazardous waste.
- Shipping and Logistics: Used for exports and other shipping needs.
Are Intermediate Bulk Containers Reusable?
Yes! When possible, tote tanks are cleaned and reconditioned for reuse. A reconditioned tote tank refers to a previously used tote tank that has undergone thorough cleaning, inspection, and refurbishment processes to restore it to a condition suitable for reuse. These reconditioned tanks are an environmentally friendly and cost-effective alternative to new IBCs, offering similar performance and safety standards. By reconditioning, companies can extend the lifespan of the tote tank, reduce waste, and provide a sustainable solution for storage and transportation needs.
Better yet, tote tanks are also designed to be recyclable. Metal IBCs can be repurposed by melting down and re-molding, while plastic IBCs can be reprocessed into new plastic products, making them a sustainable storage option.
Contact Orlando Drum For Intermediate Bulk Containers in Georgia
Orlando Drum proudly provides tote tanks for customers in Georgia.
In addition to our IBCs, we also offer drums, plastic pails, and accessories. If you are interested in our products, our recycling process, or our pickup, delivery, and disposal services, let us know. We are committed to the people we serve and make sure that every one of our products measures up to the highest standards. Contact us today to learn more.